- Free from perfluorcarbons (PFCs) and patented impregnation-technology.
- Direct impregnation on areas which are difficult to reach, for instance outdoor- and sports garments or seams of ski gloves and backpacks.
- Waterproofing: protects against -humidity, snow and watery dirt
- Preserves breathability
- Targeted and easy application of the impregnating formula with a sponge applicator.
- Before using remove dust and dirt from the material that should be impregnated.
- Before using bionicdry® Intensive Impregantor test the compatibility of the material on an inconspicuous part.
- Push the sponge applicator a few times on the material that has to be treated until the sponge is completely soaked.
- Afterwards apply evenly on the clean and dry surface.
- Ideally let it dry during the night. Repeat application if needed.
Please note and follow the manufacturer’s care instructions.
– THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS BAD WEATHER
Vera Gratzl, Product Developer
“Even as the developer of bionicdry® technology, I’m always excited of the great great impact we achieve with our patented formula.“
BIONICDRY® IMPREGNATION – WHY?
Outdoor and function textiles have to be breathable, provide protection against wind and weather and keep you dry and warm even in rain and snow. For this reason they were pre-impregnated at the factory. The more you wear impregnated garments, however, the more they lose their protection. So for a long-lasting moisture protection, the impregnation needs to be refreshed from time to time. This is where our bionicdry® impregnation products come in. Thanks to the patented high-tec impregnation formula, they provide an effective, powerful impregnation of washable function textiles as well as sport and outdoor garments.
BIONICDRY®- IMPREGNATION – HOW?
The idea behind bionicdry® impregnation comes from nature itself. A ladybird has perfect moisture protection thanks to its shell. Bionicdry® tansfers this principle to the special textile care. The bionic impregnation formula comprises active ingredients such as organic chitosan as well as special impregnation substances which are free from harmful perfluorcarbons. This formula reliably boosts the water-repellent and functional properties of function textiles and outdoor garments while retaining breathability.
Did you know…?
The majority of impregnation agents today still use perfluorcarbons (perfluorcarbon compounds) which are harmful to health and the environment. These substances are released to the environment via the impregnation. There they become deposited since they are not biodegradable for either nature or the human organism. Environmental organisations such as Greenpeace have been bringing public attention to this hazard. Through their “Detox Campaign”, they succeeded in convincing international fashion brands and textile suppliers to ban perfluorcarbons from their production up to 2020.